The default connection mode for Lifeprint is Bluetooth. If your phone is close to your printer, the Bluetooth connection will be active and used exclusively by the App. Once the WiFi is configured on your printer, it will become active once the Bluetooth is no longer connected. When connected to WiFi, print requests from your app will now be sent to the Cloud and passed on to your printer at home, meaning you can print from anywhere. The Wi-Fi connection will also report the status of the printer, so you will know if it is out of paper or runs into other issues.
Articles in this section
- Can I use WiFi connections that require the user to agree to terms of service, as found in hotels and coffee shops?
- What is a the Default Print Queue and why do I need one?
- Can I use multiple printers at the same time?
- Why does my WiFi sometimes shows as "Disconnected" in the App, when it seems to show as connected on the printer (solid blue light)
- What is the difference between printing via Bluetooth vs. WiFi?
- Why can't I configure my 5GHz router connection?
- How do I configure my WiFi?
- How does my printer use WiFi?
- What if I want other people to send images to my printer?
- How do I unregister the printer?