Currently, the Lifeprint Printer with WiFi support can only use 2.4Ghz connection points. Some people have set up their routers with two connection points: one for the 5.0Ghz channel and a separate one for the 2.4Ghz channel. WiFi configuration for the printer is copied from your phone. So, if your phone is currently connected to a 5.0Ghz connection point, the configuration will fail, as it cannot use that channel. In this case, the printer shows you the available connection points it sees that using the compatible channel. Please connect your phone to an available 2.4GHz connection point, and try the printer WiFi configuration once again.
Articles in this section
- Can I use WiFi connections that require the user to agree to terms of service, as found in hotels and coffee shops?
- What is a the Default Print Queue and why do I need one?
- Can I use multiple printers at the same time?
- Why does my WiFi sometimes shows as "Disconnected" in the App, when it seems to show as connected on the printer (solid blue light)
- What is the difference between printing via Bluetooth vs. WiFi?
- Why can't I configure my 5GHz router connection?
- How do I configure my WiFi?
- How does my printer use WiFi?
- What if I want other people to send images to my printer?
- How do I unregister the printer?