Default printers are the ones that receive all print requests. If you only own one Lifeprint printer, then that printer is the "Default Printer”. People who have multiple Lifeprint printers — say, owners of the 2x3 and the 3x4 models -- must choose one of the printers to become the "Default Printer". This will become the active printer that handles all print requests until you switch it to another printer.
Articles in this section
- Can I use WiFi connections that require the user to agree to terms of service, as found in hotels and coffee shops?
- What is a the Default Print Queue and why do I need one?
- Can I use multiple printers at the same time?
- Why does my WiFi sometimes shows as "Disconnected" in the App, when it seems to show as connected on the printer (solid blue light)
- What is the difference between printing via Bluetooth vs. WiFi?
- Why can't I configure my Lifeprint 3x4.5 printer to a 5GHz router connection?
- How do I configure my WiFi?
- How does my printer use WiFi?
- How do I unregister the printer?
- My printer is jammed. What can I do?
What happens when you only have one printer a box you can’t set it as the default printer?
Hey Mady, your instinct is correct, the "Default" printer setting is generally for people that have more than one Lifeprint printer. The "default" printer setting allows that user to print to whichever printer they'd like, typically this is helpful for the WiFi printer we have that's the larger3x4.5 format.
If you only have one printer however, there should be no issue with connecting it as the default. But it sounds like this is where your issue lies. Please do the following steps:
1) Turn on your printer and connect to it via Bluetooth on your phone
2) Open the Lifeprint app and select the "Print Utility" (the little printer icon in the top right corner)
3) Take a 'screen shot' of your print utility screen and send an email to email@example.com and let them know you're having trouble selecting your default printer. We do not want you to post that image to this thread for privacy reasons. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org separately.
Once we've had a look at your print utility screen, we'll be able to tell you the issue and how to resolve. Hope that helps! Best regards and happy to help :)
Please sign in to leave a comment.